10 October 2020
Register for Plant Engineering Workshop 2020 (PEW20)
PASS team is pleased to announce participation in #PEW20 which will take place on October 19-23, 2020!
The Workshop is organized by InIPED and will take place via web-conferences. The objectives are to promote new developments in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Operation and Maintenance business.
Seminars will be pre-recorded. Workshops will be live and free. You will be able to send questions to the speakers during that week.
PASS team will highlight 2 topics on the seminars:
- Several ASME B31 and EN 13480 Issues Needed to Know by Any Pipe Stress Engineer (Already Available on YouTube!)
- Importance of Bourdon Effect. True and Effective Axial Force
In addition, Dr. Alex Matveev will hold a workshop ‘Several practical topics of pipe analysis’.
Monday, October 19th, 12:00 CEST (duration is 2 hours).
Several typical topic of piping stress analysis to be reviewed with “how to do” demonstration using of PASS software:
- How to perform pipe stress analysis from water hammer loads
- How to consider nozzle and vessel flexibilities during pipe stress analysis and check stresses in
nozzle-vessel junction point
- How to model equipment (storage tank, fired heater, pumps, compressors, turbines)
- How to model buried/underground piping. What are restrained and unrestrained pipes?
- Special situations: Modular Design, Tall Pipe Risers, Friction in cold state, how to avoid zero
anchor loads from piping.
Watch recording of PASS workshops at PEW20
Register for all conference PEW20